Call for Applications for a five-month paid Communications Internship within EaP Civil Society Forum
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum (EaP CSF) is a unique Brussels-based multi-layered regional civil society platform aimed at promoting European integration, facilitating reforms and democratic transformations in the six Eastern Partnership countries – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
The EaP CSF is looking for a paid Communications Intern to start from mid-September and to work in the team of the Secretariat of the EaP CSF for 6 months. The Secretariat of EaP CSF serves as an information, coordination and expertise hub for the participants of the Forum, the bodies of the Forum, and stakeholders in Brussels and Eastern Partnership countries. It works to support the activities of the Steering Committee and enhance the advocacy and visibility of the Forum.
Job location: Brussels, Belgium
Starting date: 16 September 2019
Duration: 6 months
Compensation: 800 euros per month (‘professional immersion contract’) Deadline: 05/07/2019
Perfect candidate should:
- Be recent graduate or in final stages of their studies in European Studies, International Relations, Public Relations, Communication Science or other related field;
- Have a work permit in Belgium;
- Have excellent verbal and writing communication skills;
- Be hands-on and analytical, organised and accurate;
- Have proven experience with WordPress;
- Have ability to transfer website traffic into visual statistics;
- Have proven experience of (at least) one data visualisation project;
- Have knowledge and understanding of the workings of the EU and its policies. A good understanding of EaP region is a strong asset;
- Have perfect command of English with proven drafting ability. A good knowledge of Russian is an asset;
- Have flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a small office;
- and be a team-player.
The CSF will provide an Intern with: - Remuneration according to a ‘professional immersion contract’, which will provide the successful candidate with an income of 800 euros per month;
- Reimbursement of public transportation in Brussels;
- Working experience in Brussels in a young and dynamic team;
- Access to European and EaP networks
- Possibility to work independently and acquire new skills. Interested candidates should submit in ONE PDF file:
CV in English (max. 2 pages), a motivation letter in English (max. 1 page and a half) and a track record of relevant working experience (i.e. report including samples of data analysis and data visualisation examples or web-page/blog management etc.) and/or recommendation letters from former employers.
The application should be sent to Juulia Baer-Bader (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the reference: “Communications internship” by 5 July 2019. Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. The interviews will be conducted in Brussels or via Skype.
Description of the position was kindly taken from the website of the EaP CSF.